I have the Bubbler GPS PRO for my Android phone. I'm trying to figure out how the app works in conjunction with the website. Do I just turn on the GPS on my phone, create a trip on the website, and tap update now on the app for it to start tracking a trip?
At the most basic level BubblerGPS turns your phone into a tracking device. Your location data is stored in SpotWalla. Creating a trip in SpotWalla allows you to share your travels with family and friends.
I looked over your account. Your device is setup correctly and appears to be communicating with SpotWalla since I see one location for your device so far. If you create a trip that covers that date, you should see it on the map.
Let me know if you need any help with this. Thanks.
I looked over your account. The good news is your device/phone/Bubbler is setup correctly and communicating with SpotWalla. It also appears you know how to setup a trip. A working device and an active trip is 90% of it all. The other 10% is learning how to operate your device. If you haven't read through the Bubbler GPS website, that's a good place to start:
When I use Bubbler to record a trip here's what I do:
1. Create a trip and send the link to family and friends, post it Facebook, etc. 2. Start Bubbler 3. Go for a ride
As long as I'm moving, Bubbler is tracking. It will not create a tracking location if you're not moving. I believe you have to move at least 100 meters from your previous location before a new tracking location is created. Review your settings in Bubbler and set the appropriate tracking interval. Personally, I like a 5 minute interval. That lays down a nice track when I'm on the road.
Bubbler will communicate with SpotWalla over your data connection or wifi. You can also configure Bubbler to only use wifi only. Ulitmately, Bubbler needs access to the internet to send location to SpotWalla.
If you need some help on SpotWalla trips, start here with the trip help page:
Thank you so much, Jason! Especially for the quick response ... :-)
It is coming together. Yes, I was out moving when you responded. I realized I'd not gone out (walking) long enough the first time for it to reach the 10-minute signaling interval for tracking. I did reduce the interval to five minutes.
A question: If Bubbler Pro loses its internet connection, and my phone is not using data, does Bubbler Pro cache the tracking data until it has an internet connection again (i.e., when I get home) and can send? Or must it be connected continuously, as with a data connection when such is available?
Thank you again, Jason. I hope this helps others as well.
One of the things that helps me keep track of my tracking is to create a trip that encompasses the entire year. As ya'll have found out, if you don't have a trip to capture the dates you're tracking, there is nothing to see even though Bubbler and Spotwalla are tracking properly. By creating a "dump" trip, it captures every point within each year and makes it easier to see if everything is working as it's supposed to.