Just made a trip with my new iPhone XSmax and none of the pictures I took uploaded to spotwalla like normal. I've checked all the settings and also the browser message log. From what I see, there are no picture logs. I comparted the settings to my iPhone 6 and 8 and they are the same. Can anyone please help. I took a lot a pictures and love how I can retrieve them after the trip to help me organize my Trip Logs.
So, your version and everything looks up to date. Perhaps you can describe a bit more what happened, how you were using the app. Whether or not you had cellular available at the picture sites etc.
So, a couple of suggestions to try to track this down. FYI, I put a bunch of work into version 1.5.4 to address what you've described, so I'm a bit depressed that it is failing for you. The pictures are handled differently with Spotwalla. First a custom message is sent, then after the ID of the message is returned from Spotwalla, the picture info is sent as a separate message to append to the initial custom message. This requires two successful connections to Spotwalla to work. Plenty of room for errors when cellular is spotty.
Can you do the following:
1. Do you have (or can you create) a public trip which spans the times/locations that you expected pictures to happen?
2. Also, if you log into Spotwalla (on a web browser, not the app), you can go to the device manager and download the messages from that device, so I can look at the actual messages. You can send the CSV file to email@example.com, and I'll get it and take a look. Let me know if you need assistance in getting the device message download.
As mentioned previously, I think I will modify the app to at least also save the pictures to the camera roll, such that you don't lose the pictures, and they can be uploaded later.
Still would love to be able to look at your location messages to try to help understand what happened. In the meantime, I have modified the app to also store the pictures to the photos app on the phone. The changes are awaiting review before I can send out on beta testing.
Thank you for the debug log. It showed me thi issue, and I corrected it today. I have submitted for beta testing to Apple, and given a minor amount of testing, I should have a fix in the Apple App Store shortly.